Thursday, August 8, 2013

Progress? (please say yes!)

For the most part, the garden remains at a standstill, as do the temperatures in Cleveland.  We've had steady 70-ish, partly cloudy conditions for a solid 2 weeks now, and the tomatoes stubbornly refuse to play along with this weather!  There are the slightest hints of color, but considering how long it's taken to even get this far, I'm not holding my breath that I'll soon be harvesting tomatoes...


I'd gladly post more pictures if there were more than 2 tomatoes with any color.  This is out of ten plants!  I am so worried that I won't get any ripe tomatoes! 

...and don't even get me started on the eggplant.  Three plants, and only one flower on August 8?  My stomach sinks at the thought that there might be... nothing.

Is this happening in any other part of the country?  Next week's forecast is more of the same... partly cloudy, highs in the mid-70s.  I know I shouldn't look, because it only discourages me further... but this time last year is when I had my first windowsill of tomatoes.  Ahhh!  What's a gardener to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment