Friday, May 3, 2013

Seeds, Week 4

They really are growing up!


My little seedlings are officially too tall for the lid to fit on their "greenhouse."  Which means: a) I really don't need those glasses of water, as they are no longer serving a purpose, b) I have to keep a better eye on whether they are getting too dried out and c) they are tall enough so that I can tell if they start bending towards the sun.  A good reminder to rotate the tray every other day or so.   At the rate they are growing, it seems reasonable to move them outside on or just shortly after May 15.  (Unless, of course, there is another frost, which is seriously always possible in the ridiculous climate of Northeast Ohio.  I feel like "frost free" is more of a suggestion in these parts, not any kind of guarantee.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment